Support for ASMX (XmlSerializer-based) web services

Mar 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM
I tried using WCF Extras with a WCF client to an ASMX web service. The result on the client side is all XmlSerializer based contracts, not data contracts. It appears that WCF Extras doesn't handle this case - headers don't work because the code is assuming DataContracts. Any plans to extend the project to support that scenario?
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 8:59 PM
I havn't looked at this scenario before. I'll look into it as soon as I can and see if this can be handled by WCFExtras.
Oct 18, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I'm trying to use [XmlSerializerFormat] with a wcf service created that uses WCF Extras.  I don't think it works because the code is assuming DataContracts.  Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get this to work?

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I'm using [XmlSerializerFormat]  with wcf service to support ASMX client in .net 2.0 framework. when I used WCF Extras and added soap header and tried to generate proxy class/ access the serivces through IE throwing expection.

System.InvalidOperationException: An exception was thrown in a call to a WSDL export extension: System.ServiceModel.Description.XmlSerializerOperationBehavior
Anyone having any idea. pls help me...
Jan 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Hi,

I am facing the same issue as mentioned by Ramesh. Is there any solution to this issue?